There are a few things I have discovered about this whole vegan diet. Allow me to share with you.
- Clear skin. Did you know dairy in the main culprit for acne? Yeah, neither did I. For the week I was vegan, my skin cleared up completely. The next week I caved and ate some meat and dairy and my skin immediately broke out like crazy.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly is vegan and so are Oreos!
- Weight loss. Not that I'm trying to or need to but it was a nice little surprise.
- Digestive issues clear right up and everything is regular. I know, this may be TMI but it's the absolute truth. A Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks with soy milk makes my tummy much happier than a Pumpkin Spice Latte made with real milk.
- You can eat raw cookie dough! Not to mention, baking vegan is so easy and just seems to be less messy. You don't have to worry about bad eggs and contaminating your kitchen.
- My energy level was through the roof. I felt great and well rested. I woke up refreshed. The week I went back on the meat I was sluggish and sleepy.
- The "milk" doesn't spoil in a month. Soy, Rice and Almond milk all last for about 6 months.
- No worries about growth hormones or bovine health and I didn't have to worry about taking meat out of the freezer to thaw for dinner.
- Lower grocery bill. Meat is pretty expensive.
- Raw veggies are much more appetizing to handle than raw meat.
My friend Jenn and I took the girls to the Missouri Botanical Gardens on Friday.
|The English Garden maze|
|Can you find me?|
|The girls put on a puppet show for the little ones who happened to come by|
|Even St. Louis squirrels are green|
|Driving Miss. Natalie|
|Stop to smell the roses|