Whew! What a title, huh? I found this recipe in the new Eating Well magazine and in my attempt to use up some of my left-overs I changed it up quite a bit. Don't worry, I'll let you know what I added in case you want to make it as the magazine calls for but if you decide to make it my way, well, it's awesome! Not to brag or anything but I think my changes took this recipe over the top and probably took it from "Eating Well" to not so much. You win some you lose some! Okay, so you're saying "get on with it, Dee! Let's see this fabulous recipe that you spun up". Okay okay! Geez people, patience is a virtue!
Bacon Lettuce Tomato Turkey Wrap
Keywords: sandwich entree
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar or cider vinegar - I used red
- 8 thin slices low-sodium deli turkey (about 8 ounces)
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 bacon slices
- goat cheese
Combine corn, tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl.
Divide turkey and bacon among tortillas. Top with equal portions of the corn salad, goat cheese and lettuce. Roll up. Serve the wraps cut in half, if desired.
Powered by Recipage
Total Fat: 15.5 g
Cholesterol: 37.3 mg.
Sodium: 901.7 mg.
Protein: 21.4 g.