|My families happy faces came out at the dinner table last night!|
“Repurpose yourself or get grounded in something you have already chosen.
Nothing costs as little and is worth as much as a smile. Relax, let yourself smile and see the light come back to you tenfold!
Remember, you are the boss of your own energy. Stop waiting for someone to make you feel better, reassure you, or tell you what to do. No one can declare dominion over your life besides you. Be your own leader. What are you waiting for?
Forget about the umbrella and boots, run outside and splash in some puddles, make the most of every moment. Some people may not understand, may naysay, try and rain on your “passion parade”, but that is none of your concern. It’s your life, your choice, and it’s your rainbow.”
I love that last line “It’s your life, your choice, and it’s your rainbow”. So many people forget they are in charge of their lives, they have choices. It’s up to you to make yourself happy not other people or materialism. I often come across people who always seem to be putting their efforts towards figuring out what is making them unhappy when we should all be putting our efforts towards figuring out what makes us happy and be grateful for everything we have. I made a Happy List almost exactly a year ago - June 21, 2010
- Spring - I love watching the tree's and grass start to turn green and my flowers start to poke their little heads up out of the ground. The whole world around you seems to turn VERY VERY green
- Fall - I love the smell of fall. To me it smells like burning pumpkins. I love all of the colors of fall, they make me feel cozy
- Waking up earlier than everyone else and sitting in peace with my coffee
- Sleeping in - which I like way better than waking up early so the waking up earlier than everyone rarely happens
- Spending one on one time with my kiddo's - Last night (6/17) after L's piano lessons, L wanted a snow cone so I stopped (which I hardly ever do) and he treated me to a snow-cone! He even tipped the girl!
- The smell of ground coffee
- The smell of the bookstore - sometimes, I go in there just to jaunt around and take in the aroma's
- The smell of Michaels craft store
- Snuggling on the couch with my family and watching a good movie or show - which is almost every night
- Uninterrupted sewing, crafting, computer, video game, reading time - oh so rare
- Summer storms
- Bedtime - when we put the kids to bed and my hubby and I can watch whatever we want, be it Penn and Teller or a good movie
- Gardening, the smell of the dirt, the mulch and the plants aroma's they let go when you touch them - especially tomato and mum's
- The smell of Petunia's on a hot muggy night
- Enjoying my hubby's company or the company of friends on the back porch with a good bottle of wine
- Crusty bread and cheese
- Beer - Sam Adams, Guinness (if poured right), Boulevard, Blue Moon, Shlafly.....are you getting it? There is no Bud Light, Budweiser listed here. I like dark, wheaty, heavy beers with floaties
- A clean house - my sanity lies within a clean house
- Attic24 - This woman's blog makes me so happy. I love all of her colorful photographs and projects that she submerges herself into. I think her and I would make very good friends
This list still holds true today and when I’m feeling down I sometimes visit this post to remind me of all that I have to be happy for.
~ Enjoy and don't forget to smile you may make someones day!
|When Natalie and I saw that salsa we knew it was coming home with us!|